After a semester of learning I finally completed my axolotl fish tank!
So far I now have a workable correct model for my axolotl, and am working out the next stage a lid.
Turns out 11th time was the charm! My little 3D axolotl finally printed today and I am incredibly excited!
Currently I am in the process of trying to get my 3D print to actually print. Instead it glitches in the first 5 minutes. (The blessing of this is that I haven’t wasted an abundant of filament even given the number of times I have tried so far)
This is what my axolotl print looked like earlier this month. I completely recreated the design from the boxy original design I created and came up with this one.
Since I have not tried printing in awhile I decided to finally test out this model for print. Now I decided to try at least printing it with out toes at first because the toes really are stumping me. It is proving very difficult to construct workable toes that are not too large but large enough that they are overwhelming.
This is the model I am currently working from.
I made sure to go ahead and put on supports that way it should print the first time.
Then I put it into Dremel, it looks like it will print in a little over in 2 hours. Hopefully in the next week I will actually be able to print it and everything goes great!
I got a bunch of rocks. Who knew you could be so excited by rocks but I am. Turns out in my house alone we had lots of different types of fake rocks!
Lately I have been working on figuring out what the fish bowl interior will logistically look like for the project.One part of this is figuring out if I want some kind of plant like thing inside of it or other decorative elements. Here are some random objects I am considering printing and using in the bowl.
The project I decided to take on was creating a fish tank with a moving creature inside of it. I modeled my concept after electronic fish tanks like this one.
Brittany and I finished our cardboard robot last week. When we reached the point that everything on the robot was assembled except the head we realized that we had a issue with the design. Our robot could sit (kinda) and he could only stand occasionally when positioned at just the right angle and not for very long.